88 college reps have scheduled and met with interested LMMHS students this fall. They have met with seniors in small groups to discuss topics such as the academic programs, campus life, and financial aid, as well as, admission procedures of their college. They also answer students’ questions.
With so much information already available on college websites and in catalogs, your students may wonder why they should attend these in-person sessions. Below are six reasons to encourage students to meet with college reps.
1. Students have a chance — in their own town — to meet face-to-face with a rep and ask specific questions.
2. Students can let the college know they are seriously interested.
3. In many cases, the reps are admission officers from the college, so students have a unique opportunity to make contact with a person who may be evaluating their application in the future.
4. The meeting provides students with a specific contact at the college to whom they can send questions.
5. Sometimes reps, particularly ones from state universities, will give an early read on students’ transcripts, test scores and course selections during their visits. This helps students assess their fit at that institution and figure out what they can do to improve their chances of getting in.
6. It’s an opportunity for you, as a counselor, to bring to your students’ attention a college that you think is a good fit but that the student may not have considered.
News & Announcements
- Fall Sports Sign Ups
- Family Letter & Additional Information from Commissioner Riley on Remote Learning
- Working Permit Application Process During Covid Shutdown
- An Insightful Letter on Our Current situation.
- Congratulations to the Class of 2020
- Remote Learning Continues Through the End of This School year
- Notice Regarding Face Masks
- TOWN SCHOLARSHIP UPDATE
- 2020 AP Exams
- School Calendar Update