On the evening of November 11 grade 3-5 students and their families filled the gymnasium to participate in graduation ceremonies for the taekwondo residency that has been running for the past 8 weeks in Physical Education classes at Morris Elementary School. Master Son and his assistants from U.S. Taekwondo have been teaching the students basic taekwondo skills while also teaching and practicing the 5 principles of taekwondo: respect, honesty, humility, perseverance, and self-control. I estimate that about 140 students attended the graduation ceremony and demonstrated to parents the skills they have learned. Each student received a uniform and yellow belt as a token of their achievement in this program. I look forward to this program returning later in the year for our K-2 students. Ms. Kennedy and I have been very impressed with the student’s commitment to the taekwondo principles and thank U.S. Taekwondo for doing such an outstanding job for the Morris community.
News & Announcements
- Lenox Schools Closed Tuesday Jan 24th
- Parents’ Rights in the Special Education Process
- Immigration Workshop
- National Blue Ribbon School Celebration!!!
- Taekwondo Graduation!
- Special Education Parent Advisory
- 2016 National Blue Ribbon School!!!
- Strategic Plan Survey Results
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council
- Welcome Back!!!