Lenox Public Schools Social Emotional Task Force
Open to all LPS faculty and staff
You are invited to participate on the Lenox Public Schools Social Emotional Task Force! Massachusetts schools are required to use evidence-based social emotional learning (SEL) practices to prevent and reduce bullying, but also to ensure that all students have strong self-awareness, self-management skills, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making skills. In essence, for a student to be ready for high school and beyond, he/she must demonstrate the following: Strong sense of self, the ability to choose friends, and adequate study skills.
The Lenox Public Schools Social Emotional Task Force will be charged with assessing how the district is incorporating the CASEL standards across content areas and support systems. The Task Force will:
- Examine the district’s vision and mission for SEL
- Conduct a survey of students related to SEL – Collect and analyze outcomes of the survey – Determine focus areas based on survey results
- Review the district’s current SEL programs and implementation and create a plan for continuity across schools
- Develop a SEL tiered system of support
- Budget for how additional resources may be purchased
- Determine professional development needs for faculty and staff
- Create a Plan for moving forward
- Evaluate progress
The Social Emotional Task Force will meet on the following dates from 3:45-5:00pm. Each of the meetings will be an opportunity for the committee members to collaboratively construct our 2018-2021 SEL Plan.
- October 17, 2018 – Town Hall
- November 14, 2018 – Town Hall
- December 18, 2018 – Town Hall
- February, 2019 – TBD
- March, 2019 – TBD
- April, 2019 -TBD
- May, 2019 – TBD
*DATES AND TASK FORCE OBJECTIVES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON COMMITTEE INPUT
Since SEL is a critical instructional component for all five academic programs and in every grade level and content area, we are looking for a diverse group of members representing each of the unique aspects of our school district. Please convey your interest in participating on the Task Force by e-mailing the Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30th, 2018.